Star Realms: Frontiers (Card Game)
- R 335
Star Realms: Frontiers is a new standalone Star Realms game with an 80-card trade deck and new scorecards that's suitable for play with up to four players. It can be combined with Star Realms and/or Star Realms: Colony Wars.
About Star Realms
Star Realms is a fast-paced game of space battles that combines the fun of a deckbuilding game with the interactivity of Trading Card Game-style combat. As you play, you make use of Trade to acquire new Ships and Bases from the cards being turned face up in the Trade Row.
You use the Ships and Bases you acquire to either generate more Trade, or to generate Combat to attack your opponent and their Bases. When you reduce your opponent’s score (called Authority) to zero, you win! Battle your friends or team up to play cooperatively against the game!
The default Star Realms: Frontiers box is listed with the following as its features:
- Gameplay for 1-4 players
- Solitaire and Cooperative mode
- Plays on its own, or combined with any other Star Realms set.
- An all-new 80-card trade deck featuring some new mechanics like the double ally ability which really rewards you for focusing on a single faction!
- Starting decks for four players.
- Four sets of new, easy-to-use score cards.
- Plenty of Explorer cards.
- Full color rulebook for two player PVP games, and awesome multiplayer formats like Free-For-All, Hunter, and Hydra!
- A sturdy, attractive, 4" x 6" x 2" game box
- Boards & Dice
- 18 Oct 2018
- Game Mechanic
- Year Published
- Star Realms
- # of Players
- 1 - 4
- Suggested Ages
- 12 and up
- Playing Time
- 20 minutes
- Game Designer
- Robert Dougherty
- Darwin Kastle
- White Wizard Games
- Expansion Sets
- Star Realms: Admiral's Tabletop Promo Card
- Star Realms: Command Deck – Lost Fleet
- Star Realms: Command Deck – The Alignment
- Star Realms: Command Deck – The Alliance
- Star Realms: Command Deck – The Coalition
- Star Realms: Command Deck – The Pact
- Supply Source
Some practical stuff
Hendrik V onReviewed by
The Most Complete Base Game Yet
Altamish M onReviewed by
It contains everything you need for up to 4 players to enjoy a fantastic version of the game, all in a sturdy and portable box.
The new artwork is fresh and of high quality, with the actual prints and card stock remaining top-notch.
The gameplay itself has seen a slight change since the original base set, with cards generally being more potent for less cost, and an incentive for building your deck around a particular faction. Overall, this makes for a more interesting and fun experience.
Great value for money. If you're contemplating it, I highly recommend the purchase.
Best star realms deck currently available.
Ronel S onReviewed by
Garth A onReviewed by