Wingspan (Board Game)
2019 Kennerspiel des Jahres Winner
- R 929
Wingspan is a competitive, medium-weight, card-driven, engine-building board game from Stonemaier Games.
You are bird enthusiasts—researchers, bird watchers, ornithologists, and collectors—seeking to discover and attract the best birds to your network of wildlife preserves. Each bird extends a chain of powerful combinations in one of your habitats (actions). These habitats focus on several key aspects of growth:
- Gain food tokens via custom dice in a birdfeeder dice tower
- Lay eggs using egg miniatures in a variety of colors
- Draw from hundreds of unique bird cards and play them
The winner is the player with the most points after 4 rounds.
If you enjoy Terraforming Mars and Gizmos, we think this game will take flight at your table.
—description from the publisher
- Boards & Dice
- 29 Mar 2019
- Game Mechanic
- Year Published
- # of Players
- 1 - 5
- User Suggested # of Players
- Best with 3 players, Recommended with 1 - 4 players
- Suggested Ages
- 10 and up
- Playing Time
- 40 - 70 minutes
- Game Designer
- Elizabeth Hargrave
- Game Artist
- Ana Maria Martinez Jaramillo
- Natalia Rojas
- Beth Sobel
- User Suggested Ages
- Language Dependence
- Extensive use of text - massive conversion needed to be playable
- 2019 Kennerspiel des Jahres Nominee
- 2019 Kennerspiel des Jahres Winner
- Supply Source
- South Africa
Quality game - fun for everyone (and also has solo mode)!
Nick V onReviewed by
My only gripe was the box was slightly dented in the delivery process which thankfully has not affected any components or game play at all.
Awesome game and awesome Raru service
Kaira S onReviewed by