Board Game Obsession of the Week - Maracaibo24 Nov 2020
Maracaibo, the new strategy game for 1-4 players by Alexander Pfister, is set in the Caribbean during the 17th century. The players try to increase their influence in three nations in four rounds with a play time of 40 minutes per player.
The players sail on a round course through the Caribbean, e.g., you have city tiles where you are able to perform various actions or deliver goods to. One special feature is an implemented quest mode over more and various tiles, which tells the player, who chase after it, a little story.
As a player, you move with your ship around the course, managing it by using cards like in other games from Alexander Pfister.
Awards & Honors:
- 2020 Jogo do Ano Nominee
- 2020 International Gamers Award - General Strategy Nominee
- 2019 Swiss Gamers Award Nominee
- 2019 Meeples' Choice Winner
- 2019 Meeples' Choice Nominee
- 2019 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
- 2019 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee