Board Game Obsession of the Week - Magic Maze11 Sep 2018
Magic Maze is a real-time, cooperative game. Each player can control any hero in order to make that hero perform a very specific action, to which the other players do not have access: Move north, explore a new area, ride an escalator… All this requires rigorous cooperation between the players in order to succeed at moving the heroes prudently.
However, you are allowed to communicate only for short periods during the game; the rest of the time, you must play without giving any visual or audio cues to each other. If all of the heroes succeed in leaving the shopping mall in the limited time allotted for the game, each having stolen a very specific item, then everyone wins together.
AWARDS & HONORS
- 2017 Spiel des Jahres Nominee
- 2017 RPC Fantasy Award Most Promising Product Winner
- 2017 Meeples' Choice Nominee
- 2017 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
- 2017 Gouden Ludo Best Family Game Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Most Innovative Board Game Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Cooperative Game Nominee
- 2017 Gioco dell’Anno Nominee
- 2017 Cardboard Republic Socializer Laurel Nominee