The South African Milk Tart Collection - Callie Maritz (Hardcover)
- R 231
In The South-African milk tart collection Mari-Louis and Callie take a milk tart journey, from its roots to its future – the taste of nostalgia for every South African and the most enduring symbol of our baking tradition.
There really is a milk tart to suit everybody’s tastes and every occasion:
- With a leafy homemade puff-pastry collar or with crumblier shortcrust, cereal crumbs or no crust at all.
- Flavoured with cinnamon, naartjie peel, peach leaves, nutmeg or vanilla pods, even almond extract, caramel, citrus zest or cardamom. Some come with a little kick from a dram of rum or brandy.
- Used as a tart; baked or unbaked, as a dessert, smoothie, shooter, milkshake or filling for other treat such as doughnuts.
- Milk tart from all over the world, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, America, France, the United Kingdom and even China.
This popular treat is so well liked that it even has its own dedicated South African National Milk Tart Day.
- 3 Mar 2017
- Content Source
- South African
- Supply Source
- South Africa
- Human & Rousseau
- Number of Pages
- 270 x 210mm (1g)
- General Subject
- Baking & Cake Decorating
- BISAC Subject 1
- Cooking / Specific Ingredients / General
- BISAC Subject 2
- Cooking / Methods / Baking
- BIC Classification 1
- Cookery by ingredient
- BIC Classification 2
- Cakes, baking, icing & sugarcraft