The Rise of a Legend - Kathryn Lasky (Paperback)
Dispatched in 20 to 30 working days
- R 169
- 28 Apr 2015
- Supply Source
- Kathryn Lasky
- Scholastic Paperbacks
- Guardians of Ga'hoole
- Number of Pages
- 194 x 133mm
- In this prequel, Ezylryb the Screech owl recounts his life in the Northern Kingdoms--his rise through the ranks of the Killian Army, his brother's betrayal, and his friendship with Octavia the snake, to finally become a Guardian of Ga'Hoole.
- In this prequel, Ezylryb the Screech owl recounts the story of his life in the Northern Kingdoms--his rise through the ranks of the Killian Army, his brother's betrayal, and his friendship with Octavia the snake, to finally become a Guardian of Ga'Hoole.
Bestselling author Kathryn Lasky takes flight once more with a new Guardians of Ga'Hoole novel - now in paperback!An owlet hatches out onto Stormfast Island and into a world torn by war. For one hundred years, his people have fought off enemy owls from the Ice Talons, but the tide has turned. An invasion is coming, one the Kielian League won't have the strength to resist. Soon the tyrant owl Bylyric will rule over everything, and no honorable owl will be safe. Only the small owl from Stormfast stands between Bylyric and total victory. Lyze is not very impressive to look at, but he has a wild idea for a snake and owl strike unit that just might give the soldiers of the Kielian League the edge they need.This is his story, the story of an ordinary owl who rose to become Ezylryb of the Great Tree. This is the story of what it takes to make a Guardian of Ga'Hoole.
- General Subject
- Juvenile Grades 4-6 Ages 9-11
- BISAC Subject 1
- Juvenile Fiction / Action & Adventure / General
- BISAC Subject 2
- Juvenile Fiction / Animals / Birds
- BISAC Subject 3
- Juvenile Fiction / Nature & the Natural World / General (see also headings under Animals)
- Library Subject 1
- Owls; Juvenile fiction.
- Library Subject 2
- Owls; Fiction.
- Dewey Classification