Long Weekend Clearance Sale ends in:
Home Improvement For Dummies - Gene Hamilton (Paperback)
- R 337
- 6 Apr 1998
- Supply Source
- John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Number of Pages
- 241 x 197 x 32mm (771g)
Home Improvement For Dummies is a whole-house repair manual for everyone from fledgling do-it-yourselfers to seasoned handymen and women. This anybody-can-do-it approach will help you with a repair that needs fixing right away or get you started on a project you’ve been planning. This book is for you if you need advice on these topics and more:
- Painting and decorating
- Plumbing and electrical
- Outside repairs
- Building shelves
- Refinish and stain wood
- Repair squeaky stairs
- Install floor tiles
- Improve your home’s energy efficiency
- Maintain and upgrade plumbing
- Install an outdoor sprinkler system
- Install a ceiling fan
- Maintain central air conditioning and heating
Whether you just have a few pesky projects you want to fix quickly or you want to become a home-improvement expert, this easy-to-follow guide gives you everything you will ever need to know. A helpful appendix is packed with online resources that let you network with other do-it-yourselfers.
- General Subject
- BISAC Subject 1
- House & Home / Repair
- Library Subject 1
- Dwellings; Maintenance and repair; Amateurs' manuals.
- Library Subject 2
- Dwellings; Remodeling; Amateurs' manuals.
- Library Subject 3
- Interior decoration; Amateurs' manuals.
- Academic Subject 1
- Home Maintenance And Repair
- Dewey Classification
?Susan Powell, Host of Discovery Channel?s Home Matters
Over 300 step-by-step illustrations show you how
"Gene and Katie Hamilton . . . offer lots of do-it-yourself
Make your own house calls with this handy guide to home improvement. From fixing leaky faucets and replacing faded wallpaper to installing light fixtures and repairing broken furniture, Home Improvement For Dummies® shows you how to save time, save money, and save your sanity!
Praise for Gene and Katie Hamilton?s HouseNet.com
"For home renovators looking for tips . . . HouseNet is the
place to go."
"Voted the best place on the Web for fixing up your home."
?Kiplinger?s Personal Finance Magazine
"Think of . . . Gene and Katie Hamilton as your helpful
Discover how to:
- Tackle basic home improvement projects
- Paint, refinish, and wallpaper like a pro
- Fix or replace all kinds of flooring
- Maintain and weatherproof windows and doors
- Troubleshoot plumbing and electrical problems