The First 20 Minutes - Gretchen Reynolds (Paperback)
Surprising Science Reveals How We Can Exercise Better, Train Smarter, Live Longer
- R 359
Included in these Offers
- 30 Apr 2013
- Supply Source
- Gretchen Reynolds
- Surprising Science Reveals How We Can Exercise Better, Train Smarter, Live Longer
- Penguin Group USA
- Number of Pages
- 203 x 216 x 13mm (227g)
- Offers advice to casual and serious exercisers on the latest understandings about the mental and physical aspects of a fitness program, sharing recommendations for a range of exercise goals.
- "The New York Times ""Phys Ed"" columnist counsels casual and serious exercisers on the latest understandings about the mental and physical aspects of a fitness program, sharing recommendations for current ""best practices"" for a range of goals."
Every week, Gretchen Reynolds single-handedly influences how millions of Americans work out. In her popular New York Times column, she debunks myths, spurs conversation, and stirs controversy by questioning widely held beliefs about exercise.
Here, Reynolds consults experts in a range of fields to share paradigm-shifting findings that were previously only available in academic and medical journals, including:
· 20 minutes of cardio is all you need (and sometimes six minutes is enough)
· Stretching before a workout is counterproductive
· Chocolate milk is better than Gatorade for recovery
Whether you’re running ultramarathons or just want to climb the stairs without losing your breath, The First 20 Minutes will show you how to be healthy today and perform better tomorrow.
- General Subject
- BISAC Subject 1
- Health & Fitness / Exercise
- BISAC Subject 2
- Health & Fitness / Healthy Living
- BIC Classification 1
- Exercise & workout books
- BIC Classification 2
- Exercise & workout books
- Library Subject 1
- Physical fitness.
- Library Subject 2
- Physical education and training; Physiological aspects.
- Library Subject 3
- Exercise; Physiological aspects.
- Academic Subject 1
- Academic Subject 2
- Personal Health
- Dewey Classification
The First 20 Minutes is packed with interesting tips and insights. Pickle juice for cramps, who would have ever thought! Gretchen Reynolds once again delivers a winner.--Dean Karnazes, New York Times bestselling author of UltraMarathon Man
An informative and entertaining review of current science about exercise and fitness, with good, commonsense recommendations that cut through confusing, often conflicting research on the subject... Armed with the information in this book, readers will be inspired and motivated to reassess their habitual exercise programs and make positive changes.--Publishers Weekly