Mary Poppins Opens the Door - P. L. Travers (Hardcover)
Out of Stock
- R 439
- 1 Jun 2006
- Supply Source
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Number of Pages
- 197 x 140 x 19mm (340g)
- Mary Poppins returns to the Banks family in a rocket and involves the Banks children in more magical adventures including those with Peppermint Horses, the Marble Boy, and the Cat that Looked at the King.
- Mary Poppins returns to the Banks family in a rocket and involves the Banks children in more magical adventures including those with peppermint horses, the marble boy, and the cat that looked at the King. Children's BOMC.
From the moment Mary Poppins arrives at Number Seventeen Cherry-Tree Lane, everyday life at the Banks house is forever changed. This classic series tells the story of the world's most beloved nanny, who brings enchantment and excitement with her everywhere she goes. Featuring the charming original cover art by Mary Shepard, these new editions are sure to delight readers of all ages.
Mary Poppins reappears just in time! According to her tape measure, Jane and Michael have grown "Worse and Worse" since she went away. But the children won't have time to be naughty with all that Mary has planned for them. A visit to Mr. Twigley&;s music box-filled attic, an encounter with the Marble Boy, and a ride on Miss Calico&;s enchanted candy canes are all part of an average day out with everyone's favorite nanny.
- General Subject
- Juvenile Grades 4-6 Ages 9-11
- BISAC Subject 1
- Juvenile Fiction / Fantasy & Magic
- Library Subject 1
- Academic Subject 1
- Children's Fiction / Fantasy
- Dewey Classification
Travers, P. L.: - P. L. Travers (1899-1996) was a drama critic, travel essayist, reviewer, lecturer, and the creator of Mary Poppins. Ms. Travers wrote several other books for adults and children, but it is for the character of Mary Poppins that she is best remembered.