Raru Summer Sale 2022 ends in:
Battlefield Earth - L. Ron Hubbard (Paperback)
A Saga of the Year 3000
Dispatched in 7 to 10 working days
- R 353
- 14 Jun 2016
- Supply Source
- South Africa
- Galaxy Pr Llc
- 235 x 165 x 44mm (1.35kg)
- An epic adventure set in the year 3000 when the future of the human race is at stake.
- In 3000 A.D., Jonnie Goodboy Tyler ventures out of the tiny community of humans barely surviving in the Rocky Mountain refuge and finds himself challenging the Psychlos, the malignant and oppressive alien conquerors of Earth.
- <b><p><p>Only 35,000 humans remain…</p></p></b><b><p><p>…and the aliens hunt them for sport.</p></p></b><b><p><p>Who will lead the uprising?</p></p></b><p><p>In the year A.D. 3000, Earth is a dystopian wasteland. The great cities stand crumbling as a brutal reminder of what we once were. When the Psychlos invaded, all the world’s armies mustered little resistance against the advanced alien weapons.</p></p><p><p>Now, the man animals serve one purpose.</p></p><p><p>Do the Psychlos’ bidding or face extinction.</p></p><p><p>One man, Jonnie Goodboy Tyler, has a plan. They must learn about the Psychlos and their weapons. He needs the other humans to follow him. And that may not be enough.</p></p><p><p>Can he outwit his Psychlo captor, Terl?</p></p><p><p>What is their weakness?</p></p><p>The fate of the Galaxy lies on the Battlefield of Earth.</p><p><p>This is one of the finest examples of science fiction ever written, with nuance, sub-plots, and action all the way through. A masterpiece at over 1,000 pages.</p></p>You’ll love this epic <i>New York Times</i><p><p> bestseller by L. Ron Hubbard, because his vision of science fiction was ahead of its time. </p></p><p><p>Get it now.</p></p><b><i>“Pulse-pounding mile-a-minute sci-fi action-adventure that does not stop. It is a masterpiece of popular adventure science fiction.”</i></b><p><p> —Brandon Sanderson</p></p><b><i>“Battlefield Earth is like a 12-hour ‘Indiana Jones’ marathon. Non-stop and fast-paced. Every chapter has a big bang-up adventure.”</i></b><p><p> —Kevin J. Anderson (co-author of the Dune Sagas)</p></p><b><i>“Over 1,000 pages of thrills, spills, vicious aliens and noble humans. I found Battlefield Earth un-put-downable.”</i></b><p> —Neil Gaiman</p>
- General Subject
- Science Fiction
- BISAC Subject 1
- Fiction / Science Fiction / General
- Dewey Classification
Hubbard, L. Ron: - With 19 New York Times bestsellers and more than 230 million copies of his works in circulation, L. Ron Hubbard is among the most acclaimed and widely read authors of our time. As a leading light of American Pulp Fiction through the 1930s and '40s, he is further among the most influential authors of the modern age. Indeed, from Ray Bradbury to Stephen King, there is scarcely a master of imaginative tales who has not paid tribute to L. Ron Hubbard.