If You Build It Will They Come? - Rob Adams (Hardcover)
Three Steps to Test and Validate Any Market Opportunity
- R 448
- 12 Apr 2010
- Supply Source
- Rob Adams
- Three Steps to Test and Validate Any Market Opportunity
- John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Number of Pages
- 235 x 159 x 19mm (399g)
Know if you'll hit your targets before pulling the trigger on any marketing plan
More than sixty five percent of new products are commercial failures, and if you compound this with a recession, now more than ever you can't afford to be wrong. In If You Build It Will They Come, business professor and strategy consultant Rob Adams shows you how to make sure you hit your target market before you spend a lot of money. He shows you the fast, systematic and proven approach of performing Market Validation in advance of making a large product investment.
Adams outlines a simple and effective market validation and testing strategy that is proven, giving entrepreneurs and managers the ability to dramatically improve the prospect of product success. He explains how to quickly gather information on competitors, directly interview members of your target market, and figure out what the market really wants to buy, versus what customers say they want.
- The steps to quickly understanding the viability of your market
- Where to go to gather the information needed to hit the market requirements
- How to follow through with the right product launched in the right way
- Adams cuts through the fancy terms and expensive market research that gives lots of data but no real product oriented information about usage, pricing, features and competitive forces. In the end you'll produce results on your first release of a far more mature product, shipped in a faster timeframe with features customers will actually use.
- This book is for anyone involved with designing, developing and launching new products. Its examples and advice cover everything from the fledgling start-up that needs their first product to work just to survive to the successful Fortune Class company establishing new worldwide markets. Examples cut across all major industrial sectors including consumer, retail, manufacturing, technology, life sciences and services. This book offers the step-based guidance you need to make sure failure is not an option.
- General Subject
- BISAC Subject 1
- Business & Economics / Marketing / General
- BIC Classification 1
- Business strategy
- BIC Classification 2
- Sales & marketing
- Library Subject 1
- New products; Marketing.
- Library Subject 2
- Marketing; Planning.
- Academic Subject 1
- Business Admin & Mgmt - Marketing & Sales
- Academic Subject 2
- Marketing +
- Dewey Classification
Why do 65 percent of new products fail? In today's hyper-competitive market, companies too often misjudge demand. They either perform too little of the necessary market research, misuse the data they do collect, or neglect to integrate their research into product development. Amazingly, many companies get their market insights during or after their product's failure. It doesn't have to be this way!
If You Build It Will They Come lays out a complete system for objectively assessing a market before you develop a product or any business idea. Whether you're in a tiny startup or a major corporation, venture capitalist and business professor Rob Adams's proven Market Validation process enables you to maximize your investment dollars while minimizing your risks.
If You Build It Will They Come helps you execute the essential actions for any new product offering. Using this book's "Ready, Aim, Fire" framework, you'll:
Evaluate product ideas
Gather the right information on competitors
Find and understand your target audience
Match product features to market demand
Utilize experts and data
Prepare the market for your product
Bring your product to market
Successful product launches often look easy in retrospect when they actually require a phenomenal amount of effort and planning—and you usually don't read about the many failures. Filled with real-life examples, case studies, and practical tips, If You Build It Will They Come gives you tested tools to ensure that your work ends in a successful launch. So before you build it, get this book—and watch customers come running!