The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater (Paperback)
- R 129
- 30 Jul 2013
- Supply Source
- Maggie Stiefvater
- Raven Cycle
- Number of Pages
- 203 x 127 x 25mm (340g)
- Though she is from a family of clairvoyants, Blue Sargent's only gift seems to be that she makes other people's talents stronger, and when she meets Gansey, one of the Raven Boys from the expensive Aglionby Academy, she discovers that he has talents of his own--and that together their talents are a dangerous mix.
- Blue Sargent's gift seems to be that she makes other people's talents stronger, and when she meets Gansey, one of the Raven Boys from the Aglionby Academy, she discovers that together their talents are a dangerous mix.
Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue never sees them--until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks to her.
His name is Gansey, a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.
But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can't entirely explain. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul whose emotions range from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher who notices many things but says very little.
For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She doesn't believe in true love, and never thought this would be a problem. But as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she's not so sure anymore.
- General Subject
- Juvenile Grades 7-9 Ages 12-14
- BISAC Subject 1
- Juvenile Fiction / Paranormal
- BISAC Subject 2
- Juvenile Fiction / Love & Romance
- BISAC Subject 3
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Issues / Adolescence
- Library Subject 1
- Clairvoyance; Juvenile fiction.
- Library Subject 2
- Magic; Juvenile fiction.
- Library Subject 3
- Paranormal fiction.
- Academic Subject 1
- Teen's Fiction / Fantasy
- Academic Subject 2
- Teen's Fiction / Romance
- Dewey Classification