Start Your Farm - Forrest Pritchard (CD/Spoken Word)
The Authoritative Guide to Becoming a Sustainable 21st Century Farm
- R 488
- 11 Sep 2018
- Supply Source
- The Authoritative Guide to Becoming a Sustainable 21st Century Farm
- CD/Spoken Word
- Tantor Media Inc
- MP3 UNA
- 188 x 135 x 15mm
- A totally modern, all-purpose handbook for today's agricultural dreamers-covering the challenges and triumphs of launching any successful farm-from two leading lights in sustainable farming.
- Do you dream of starting your own farm but wonder where to begin? Or do you already have a farm but wish to become more sustainable to compete in today's market? Start Your Farm, the first comprehensive business guide of its kind, covers these essential questions and more:- Why be a farmer in the 21st century? Do you have what it takes?- What does sustainable really mean, and how can a small (as little as one acre) to midsize farm survive alongside commodity-scale agriculture?- How do you access education, land, and other needs with limited capital?- How can you reap an actual profit, including a return on land investment?- How do you build connections with employees, colleagues, and customers?- At the end of the day, how do you measure success? (Hint: Cash your lifestyle paycheck.)More than a practical guide, Start Your Farm is a hopeful call to action for anyone who aspires to grow wholesome, environmentally sustainable food for a living. Take it from Forrest Pritchard and Ellen Polishuk: Making this dream a reality is not for the faint of heart, but it's well within reach-and there's no greater satisfaction under the sun!
- General Subject
- BISAC Subject 1
- Business & Economics / Industries / Agribusiness
- BISAC Subject 3
- Technology & Engineering / Agriculture / Agronomy / General
- Dewey Classification
Davies, Stephen Bel: - Stephen Bel Davies has recorded over a hundred titles in association with Audible Studios, Deyan Audio, Brilliance, and Tantor. Trained at The Juilliard School Drama Division, he has narrated books by a number of New York Times bestselling authors.