The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight - Thom Hartmann (CD/Spoken Word)
The Fate of the World and What We Can Do Before It's Too Late
- R 842
- 30 Jan 2019
- Supply Source
- The Fate of the World and What We Can Do Before It's Too Late
- CD/Spoken Word
- Tantor Media Inc
- UNA UPD RE
- 135 x 163 x 28mm
- Now, with fresh, updated material and a focus on political activism and its effect on corporate behavior, The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight helps us understand-and heal-our relationship to the world, to each other, and to our natural resources.
- While everything appears to be collapsing around us-ecodamage, genetic engineering, virulent diseases, the end of cheap oil, water shortages, global famine, wars-we can still do something about it and create a world that will work for us and for our children's children. The inspiration for Leonardo DiCaprio's feature documentary movie The 11th Hour, The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight details what is happening to our planet, the reasons for our culture's blind behavior, and how we can fix the problem. Thom Hartmann's comprehensive book, originally published in 1998, has become one of the fundamental handbooks of the environmental activist movement. Now, with fresh, updated material and a focus on political activism and its effect on corporate behavior, The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight helps us understand-and heal-our relationship to the world, to each other, and to our natural resources.
- General Subject
- BISAC Subject 1
- Nature / Environmental Conservation & Protection
- BISAC Subject 2
- Social Science / Human Geography
- Dewey Classification
Hartmann, Thom: - Thom Hartmann is the four-time Project Censored Award-winning, New York Times bestselling author of twenty-five books currently in print in over a dozen languages on five continents. Hartmann is also an internationally known speaker, an author, and an innovator in the fields of psychiatry, ecology, and economics.