Rose Kennedy's Family Album - Caroline Kennedy (Hardcover)
From the Fitzgerald Kennedy Private Collection, 1878-1946
Out of Stock
This product is allowed to be delivered during Lockdown Level 4
- R 1,312
- 8 Oct 2013
- Supply Source
- From the Fitzgerald Kennedy Private Collection, 1878-1946
- Grand Central Pub
- Number of Pages
- 260 x 216 x 25mm (1.54kg)
- Features over three hundred photographs collected by the Kennedy matriarch, depicting the life and careers of the Kennedy family before their rise to political fame.
- Features over 300 photographs collected by the Kennedy matriarch, many never seen before, dated between 1878 and 1946 and depicting the life and careers of a family full of hopes and dreams for the future. (This book was previously featured in Forecast.)
To mark John F. Kennedy's centennial, celebrate the life and legacy of the 35th President of the United States.
A selection of more than 300 images--including family letters, personal ephemera, and captivating photographs--collected by Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy, many never seen before, featuring the beloved and revered Kennedy family: This remarkable history dates from 1878 through 1946--up to the aftermath of WWII and the beginning of JFK's political career--and covers everything from the family's first home to beach vacations, from children's birthdays to first Communions. The images capture the formative years of a uniquely American dynasty, imparting a glowing nostalgia to the period and detailing the family's progress as it grows from a pair of turn-of-the-century newlyweds into a populous, vibrant clan of hopeful young men and women on the brink of their brilliant destinies. This is a piece of Americana that readers will treasure.
- General Subject
- BISAC Subject 1
- Biography & Autobiography / Political
- BISAC Subject 2
- Biography & Autobiography / General
- BIC Classification 1
- Photographs: portraits
- Library Subject 1
- Presidents; United States; Pictorial works.
- Library Subject 2
- Politicians; United States; Pictorial works.
- Library Subject 3
- Presidents - United States
- Academic Subject 1
- Biography And Autobiography
- Academic Subject 2
- Women And Politics
- Dewey Classification
Foreword by Caroline Kennedy, the author/editor of ten bestselling books on constitutional law, American history, politics, and poetry. A graduate of Harvard University and Columbia Law School, Kennedy is active in the efforts to improve New York City public schools and serves as President of the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation.