Marvel Encyclopedia - Ralph Macchio (Hardcover)
The Definitive Guide to the Characters of the Marvel Universe
- R 582
- 17 Mar 2014
- Supply Source
- Ralph Macchio
Ralph Macchio (Foreward By)
Stan Lee (Introduction by)
Tom DeFalco (Contributor)
Peter Sanderson (Contributor)
Tom Brevoort (Contributor)
- The Definitive Guide to the Characters of the Marvel Universe
- Dk Pub
- Number of Pages
- 305 x 279 x 44mm (2.68kg)
- Created in full collaboration with Marvel Comics, this unique, one-volume encyclopedia contains Marvel's greatest, with full details of their powers and their thrill-packed careers. The encyclopedia's range of spectacular art features eye-popping work by Marvel's finest artists, while the authoritative text is supplied by a team of top Marvel comic book writers. In addition, double-page features, illustrated with classic covers, trace the fascinating story of Marvel Comics through the decades.
“[A] book that mankind has been hungering for, a book that
is—now and forever—a shining beacon of wonder, a titanic tribute to
talent unleashed" —Stan Lee
Featuring an introduction by Marvel Comics supremo Stan Lee, the new, updated edition of this bestselling Marvel Encyclopedia now details more than 1,200 of Marvel Comics’ timeless Super Heroes and Villains. Spider-Man, The Avengers, Wolverine, X-Men, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk and many more have expanded entries, while over 50 significant new characters have been added, including Anti-Venom, Hulkling, Sabreclaw, Odin, Doctor Nemesis and Spider-Man 2211.
Each character is illustrated with stunning art from the original Marvel comic books, and the authoritative, fully revised text is supplied by a team of Marvel comic book experts. The new edition also contains the latest major events in the Marvel Universe: Dark Reign, The Age of Ultron and Infinity War.
The Marvel Encyclopedia is packed with comic book imagery and organized in an easy-to-find A-Z style. PopMatters.com says, "This coffee table volume is incredibly beautiful and presented in ways that online searching can't quite match."
The Marvel Encyclopedia is an essential book for new fans and for anyone who grew up loving the excitement, heroism, and humor if the Marvel Universe.
© 2016 MARVEL
- General Subject
- Graphic Novels
- BISAC Subject 1
- Comics & Graphic Novels / General
- Library Subject 1
- Comic strip characters; United States; Encyclopedias.
- Academic Subject 1
- Teen's Graphic Works / Super Heroes
- Academic Subject 2
- Teen's Graphic Works / Media Tie-In
- Dewey Classification