Raru Summer Sale 2022 ends in:
Streets of Fire (Blu-ray)
Walter Hill directs this cult 1980s action drama in which a former soldier sets out to track down his rock star ex-girlfriend. When a biker gang known as the Bombers, led by Raven Shaddock (Willem Dafoe), kidnap the lead singer of the Attackers, Ellen Aim (Diane Lane), they haven't counted on the capabilities of her ex. A soldier turned mercenary, Tom Cody (Michael Paré) receives a call informing him of Ellen's plight and sets out to rescue her with the aid of tough female sidekick McCoy (Amy Madigan).
- Movies & TV
- 18 Nov 2013
- Region B
- Second Sight
- Interactive Menus
- Other Documentary: 'Rumble On the Lot: Walter Hill's Streets of Fire Revisited'
- Bonus Tracks: Music videos - 'Tonight Is What It Means to Be Young' and 'I Can Dream About You'
- 90 min
- Age Restriction
- Supply Source
- Streets of Fire
- Tonight is what it means to be young.
- Release Year
- Running Time
- 93 min
- Action/Adventure / Action / Gangs / Kidnapping And Missing Persons / Suspense / Theatrical Release / Thriller
- United States of America
- $14.5 million
- US Box Office
- $8.0 million
- $8.1 million
- Raven Shaddock and his gang of merciless biker friends kidnap rock singer Ellen Aim. Ellen's former lover, soldier-for-hire Tom Cody, happens to be passing through town on a visit. In an attempt to save his star act, Ellen's manager hires Tom to rescue her. Along with a former soldier, they battle through dangerous cityscapes, determined to get Ellen back.
- Beautiful young rock singer Ellen Aim is kidnapped off stage by a motorcycle gang. Her manager then hires a young adventurer to help him rescue his client, but what he doesn't realize is that the man he hired was once Ellen's boyfriend.
- Color by Technicolor.
Released theatrically in the USA June 1, 1984.
Film was originally rated R by the MPAA, but was re-edited to earn a PG for release.
Additional credit: Howard Jensen (special effects).
Actress Diane Lane's singing voice is dubbed.
Lee Ving, who plays Greer, is a member of the punk rock group "Fear."
Marine Jahan, the dancer who doubled for Jennifer Beals in "Flashdance," plays a stripper in a brief sequence.
The soundtrack album to the movie features 10 original songs by Stevie Nicks, The Blasters, Ry Cooder, Jim Steinman and other music performers.
- Streets Of Fire Theatrical Trailer
- Cast & Crew
- Walter Hill
- Bill Paxton / Deborah Van Valkenburgh / Richard Lawson / Rick Rossovich / Lee Ving / Mykelti Williamson / Elizabeth Daily
- Walter Hill
- Ry Cooder
- Director of Photography
- Andrew Laszlo
- Movie Critics
- Entertainment Weekly
- "...The large ensemble cast is game....[Some songs shot with] real pizzazz."— Steve Simels (12 Jul 1996, p.67)
- USA Today
- "...[With] a pulsating mix of flashy cutting and Ry Cooder music....A guilty-pleasure cult movie..."— Mike Clark (5 Jul 1996, p.3D)
- "...A pulsing, throbbing orchestration....The film alternately, and sometimes simultaneously, suggests the rhythm and texture of BLADE RUNNER, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK and THE WARRIORS..."— Loyn. (30 May 1984, )
- Recommended Movies