Terminator 2 - Judgment Day (Blu-ray)
Dispatched in 15 to 20 working days
- R 117
In this sequel to 'The Terminator', young John Connor (Edward Furlong), the future leader of a human rebellion in a machine-dominated world, is under threat from the new T-1000 Terminator (Robert Patrick) - an improved, virtually unkillable model. The adult John sends a copy of the original Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) back in time, this time to protect the boy and his mother, Sarah (Linda Hamilton). As the battle of the behemoths begins, those on the side of good realise that they can alter the future enough to stop the slaughter on 'Judgement Day' when the computers commenced Armageddon.
- Movies & TV
- 1 Jun 2009
- Science Fiction
- Optimum Home Entertainment
- 130 min
- Age Restriction
- Supply Source
- Release Year
- Alternate Title
- Terminator 2: Le Jugement Dernier
- Science-Fiction/Fantasy / Action / Blockbuster / Classic / Classic Fight Scenes / Enemies / Essential Cinema / Futuristic / Good Vs. Evil / Nuclear Destruction / On-The-Run / Post-Apocalypse / Recommended / Robots/Cyborgs / Science-Fiction / Theatrical Release / Thriller / Time Travel
- US Box Office
- $198.0 million
- A decade after Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) destroyed the original Terminator, a second unstoppable killing machine (Arnold Schwarzenegger) arrives from the post-apocalyptic year 2029. But this time his mission is to stop an even deadlier Terminator, the T-1000 (Robert Patrick), made entirely of shape-shifting liquid metal and determined to kill young John Connor (Edward Furlong), the future leader of the human resistance. Sarah, John, and the Terminator counter by going after the scientist responsible for developing Skynet, the computer system fated to destroy humanity, leading to an explosive and spectacular clash with the fate of humanity in the balance. Whereas James Cameron's original THE TERMINATOR was a low-budget marvel of efficiency and speed, TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY is an action-packed blockbuster with some of the most amazing stunts ever filmed and ground-breaking, Academy Award-winning special effects. Star Schwarzenegger was paid in the form of a $15 million dollar jet to revisit his most famous role as the Terminator, this time made kinder and gentler against the silent, relentless T-1000. One of the most popular films of the 1990s, James Cameron's action masterpiece is both a thoughtful look at violence in human nature and an exciting, nonstop thrill ride.
- Shot in CFI color, Eastman film, and Super-35mm which allows a director to use a variety of different aspect ratios from the same camera negative. Technicolor prints.
Filmed on location in Fontana, Fremont, Lancaster, Long Beach, Los Angeles, and San Jose, California.
Co-produced by Pacific Western and Lightstorm Entertainment.
Stand-ins: Peter Kent (Arnold Schwarzenegger), Mary Ellen (Linda Hamilton), and Rhonda Miller (Edward Furlong).
Titles and opticals by Pacific Title.
The film reportedly cost around $100 million.
Pre-sold all over the world and made back most of its money before the film was finished.
- Cast & Crew
- James Cameron
- Arnold Schwarzenegger / Xander Berkeley / Earl Boen / Edward Furlong / Jenette Goldstein / Castulo Guerra / Linda Hamilton / S. Epatha Merkerson / Joe Morton / Robert Patrick
- Brad Fiedel
- Director of Photography
- Adam Greenberg
- Production Designer
- Joseph Nemec
- Costume Designer
- Marlene Stewart
- Movie Critics
- Entertainment Weekly
- "...Cameron overturned expectations....A very strange but very real family..." -- Rating: A-— Glenn Kenny (13 Jan 1995, pp.66-8)
- Los Angeles Times
- "...TERMINATOR 2 is well-stocked with the kind of wised-up, shoot-from-the-hip wit that characterized the first film....This is one director who really knows how to direct..."— Kenneth Turan (3 Jul 1991, p.F1)
- New York Times
- "...A swift, exciting special effects epic....[Schwarzenegger acts with] perfect aplomb..."— Janet Maslin (3 Jul 1991, p.C11)
- Rolling Stone
- "...The visual and makeup effects are state-of-the art..."— Peter Travers (8 Aug 1991, p.78)
- USA Today
- "...When it comes to setting off fireworks, Arnold Schwarzenegger is a heck of a blowtorch....[T2] unloads a stunning arsenal of truly special effects..."— Susan Wloszczyna (3 Jul 1991, p.1D)
- Academy Awards
- Best Makeup
- Winner: 1991
- Best Sound
- Winner: 1991
- Best Sound Effects Editing
- Winner: 1991
- Best Visual Effects
- Winner: 1991 - Stan Winston