Jungle Book (Disney) (Blu-ray)
Dispatched in 25 to 35 working days
This item is allowed to be delivered during Lockdown Level 3
- R 175
Fun-packed adaptation of Rudyard Kipling's Mowgli stories. After being abandoned as a child, young Mowgli (voiced by Bruce Reitherman) is brought up in the jungle by wolves. However, when the news arrives that murderous, man-hating tiger Shere Khan (George Sanders) has returned, Mowgli's friends Bagheera (Sebastian Cabot) and Baloo (Phil Harris) set out to return the reluctant mancub to the humans' village. Their task is not made any easier when Mowgli is kidnapped at the behest of monkey ruler King Louie (Louis Prima), who wishes to learn the secret of man's power - fire! Disney Studios' nineteenth animated feature was the last to be overseen by founder Walt before his death, and won an Academy Award nomination for the song 'Bare Necessities'.
- Movies & TV
- 5 Aug 2013
- Region BC
- Secondary Languages
- Hindi, Portuguese, Spanish
- Walt Disney
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Bonus Footage
- Deleted Scenes
- Behind The Scenes
- Other Documentary: 'I Wan'na Be Like You - Hangin' Out at Disney's Animal Kingdom', 'Growing Up With Nine Old Men'
- Bonus Tracks: Jonas Brothers 'I Wan'na Be Like You' music
- 75 min
- Age Restriction
- Supply Source
- Jungle Book
- Release Year
- Running Time
- 78 min
- Childrens / Animated / Musicals / Adventure / Animals / Based On A Novel / Classic / Disney Film / Family (General) / Jungle / Kids Adventure / Recommended / Theatrical Release
- Rotten Tomatoes®
- 87% 82%
- The 19th animated feature produced by Disney studios and the last film supervised by Walt Disney himself. This endearing feature is based on Rudyard Kipling's children's story about a boy named Mowgli raised by wolves in the wilderness of India. During his delightful and scary adventures with a series of wild creatures, Mowgli learns he must leave the jungle and be what nature intended him to be -- a man. Delightful jazz-inspired songs make this a Disney classic.
- Theatrical release: 1967.
Rereleased 1978, 1984, and 1990.
THE JUNGLE BOOK is the 19th full-length animated feature from Walt Disney Pictures, and was the last film supervised by Walt Disney himself.
Filmed in Technicolor.
In its original release, "Jungle Book" was shown with a live-action animal film, "Charlie, The Lonesome Cougar."
Budget approximately $4 million. The film took 42 months to make.
Remade in a live action version in 1994.
- Cast & Crew
- Movie Critics
- 5 stars out of 5 -- "THE JUNGLE BOOK is the most riotously fun of all the classics in the Mouse House library, bopping along with a joyously light spirit."— Nick De Semlyen (1 Dec 2007, p.225)
- Entertainment Weekly
- "Walt Disney had a genius for tapping the general public's bear love....The gambit peaked with 1967's THE JUNGLE BOOK....A bright, delicious vision of nature..." -- Grade: A— Steve Daly (12 Oct 2007, p.62)
- Los Angeles Times
- "...A film with great animated sequences....THE JUNGLE BOOK remains a high-spirited romp that will delight children..."— Charles Solomon (13 Jul 1990, p.F10)
- New York Times
- "...Disney-style animation at its most urbane....A droll wit guaranteed to keep parents as well entertained as their children..."— Janet Maslin (13 Jul 1990, p.C13)
- Total Film
- 5 stars out of 5 -- "[C]inema's most triumphant swan-song; an intoxicating cocktail of the all-inclusive Disney dazzle which refuses to wither with age."— Andy Lowe (1 Dec 2007, p.151)
- USA Today
- "...Each performer molds the characterization into his own image....A kiddie-pleaser..."— Mike Clark (10 May 1991, p.3D)