The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Blu-ray)
Dispatched in 5 to 7 working days
- R 91
Steven Spielberg directs this sequel to his 1993 blockbuster, 'Jurassic Park'. Four years on from the events at Jurassic Park on the island of Isla Nubar, dinosaurs have bred on the neighbouring site of Isla Sorna. The park's founder, John Hammond (Richard Attenborough), sends in chaos theoretician Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) to investigate. Malcolm's girlfriend Sarah (Julianne Moore) is already on the island, but they are unaware that a rival expedition is on its way in an attempt to capture the dinosaurs and take them back to the mainland.
- Movies & TV
- 1 Jun 2013
- Region B
- Universal Pictures
- 128 min
- Supply Source
- South Africa
- Release Year
- Alternate Title
- Jurassic Park: The Lost World
- Science-Fiction/Fantasy / Adventure / Animals / Blockbuster / Dinosaurs / Disaster / Futuristic / Los Angeles, California / Sequel / Theatrical Release / Thriller
- THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK is director Steven Spielberg's sequel to his original dinosaur thriller. Dr. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) returns for more dino-horror when, four years after the disaster at the would-be amusement park, another expedition is mounted by millionaire John Hammond (Richard Attenborough). To document the natural behavior of the beasts at a mysterious Site B, Hammond sends a team comprising Malcolm; Malcolm's girlfriend, paleontologist Dr. Sarah Harding (Julianne Moore); and a wildlife videographer (Vince Vaughn). They face adversity in the form of a less-than-scrupulous big-game hunter (Pete Postlethwaite) and, of course, the terrible lizards themselves. The film is loosely based on Michael Crichton's novel THE LOST WORLD, which was named after the 1912 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle novel of the same name. Spielberg proved his determination to alternate making socially conscious films with directing movies of sheer entertainment value; his prior film to THE LOST WORLD was SCHINDLER'S LIST, and he followed the dinosaur adventure with AMISTAD.
- Theatrical Release: May 23, 1997
The film was shot in California, Hawaii, and New York.
Estimated budget: $73 million.
The film grossed nearly $230 million at the domestic box office and more than $615 million worldwide.
A few scenes were cut from THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK, including an ending shot of Pteranodons attacking the rescue helicopter.
- Cast & Crew
- Steven Spielberg
- Ian Abercrombie / Richard Attenborough / Eugene Bass / Camilla Belle / Bob Boehm / Katy Boyer / Mark Brady / Bill Brown / Bari Buckner / Vanessa Lee Chester / Domini Hoffman de Saldago / Thomas F. Duffy / Carey Eidel / Michael N. Fujimoto / Paul Fujimoto / David Gene Gibbs / Jeff Goldblum / Elliot Goldwag / Jim Harly / Marjean Holden / Arliss Howard / Harry Hutchinson / P.B. Hutton / Darryl A. Imai / Colton James / Harvey Jason / Bradley Jensen / David Koepp / Joseph Mazzello / J. Patrick McCormack / Gordon Michaels / Vincent Dee Miles / Alex Miranda / Julianne Moore / Darryl Oumi / Ross Partridge / Pete Postlethwaite / Alan D. Purwin / Ariana Richards / Thomas Rosales / Robin Sachs / David Sawyer / Richard Schiff / Jaqueline Schultz / J. Scott Shonka / Geno Silva / Ben Skorstad / David St. James / Peter Stormare / Cyndi Strittmatter / Thomas Stuart / Brian Turk / Vince Vaughn / C. Ransom Walrod / Rick Wheeler / Kenyon Williams / Ian Zajonc
- David Koepp
- John Williams
- Director of Photography
- Janusz Kaminski
- Michael Kahn
- Production Designer
- Rick Carter
- Costume Designer
- Susan Moore
- Steven Spielberg
- Movie Critics
- Chicago Sun-Times
- "...Spielberg lets his visual wit fly....Enjoyable..."— Lloyd Sachs (23 May 1997, p.38)
- Entertainment Weekly
- "...Spielberg gives us many, many dinosaurs...and he choreographs their movements with a magician's sense of play....Good fun: deft, scary, engrossing..."— Owen Gleiberman (30 May 1997, p.48-9)
- New York Times
- "...Terrifically entertaining..."— Stephen Holden (23 May 1997, p.C1)
- USA Today
- "...Dino-mighty effects. These are inconceivably great..."— Mike Clark (23 May 1997, p.1D)