- R 151
Medical students begin to explore the realm of near death experiences, hoping for insights. Each has their heart stopped and is revived. They begin having flashes of walking nightmares from their childhood, reflecting sins they committed or had committed against them. The experiences continue to intensify, and they begin to be physically beaten by their visions as they try and go deeper into the death experience to find a cure.
- Movies & TV
- 19 Jul 2010
- Supply Source
- Release Year
- Running Time
- 114 min
- Horror/Suspense / Afterlife / Campus Life / Disturbing / Science-Fiction / Theatrical Release
- Hot-shot medical students embark on a series of daring experiments to get a peek at the face of death. Stopping their hearts until the vital signs register as flat lines, they then revive the subject. The group doesn't count on bringing anything back from their near-death experiences, but each one does.
- Color by DeLuxe; shot in Panavision widescreen.
Stonebridge Group is Michael Douglas's production company.
Academy award Nominations: Best Sound Effects Editing.
- Cast & Crew
- Movie Critics
- New York Times
- "...A stylish, eerie psychological horror film laced with wit....Smart, umnpretnetious entertainment..."— Caryn James (10 Aug 1990, p.C6)
- Rolling Stone
- "...Roberts combines beauty with a no-bull delivery that commands attention..."— Peter Travers (9 Aug 1990, p.37)