Batman V Superman - Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray)
- R 111
Ultimate edition of the action adventure from director Zack Snyder, featuring 30 minutes of additional footage. Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill star as the eponymous superheroes in this sequel which follows on from the events in 'Man of Steel' (2013). Concerned that Superman (Cavill)'s powers may get out of hand if he isn't kept under control, vigilante Batman (Affleck) leaves Gotham City for Metropolis where the two heroes find themselves in a head-to-head battle. Meanwhile, a terrifying evil threatens the safety of the human race. Will Batman and Superman be able to defeat their common enemy and save the day? The film also stars Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.
- Movies & TV
- 1 Aug 2016
- Region ABC
- Warner Bros. Home Ent.
- Number of Discs
- Interactive Menus
- Other Documentary: 'Uniting the World's Finest', 'Gods and Men - A Meeting of Giants', 'The Warrior, The Myth, The Wonder', 'Accelerating Design - The New Batmobile', 'Wonder Woman - Grace and Power', 'Batcave - Legacy of the Lair',
- 182 min
- Age Restriction
- Supply Source
- Release Year
- Batman (Ben Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) clash over differing philosophies about what kind of heroism is needed to protect the world, while the public they're defending is becoming increasingly mindful of the damage that superheroes and masked vigilantes cause. However, the duo are soon forced to confront an even greater threat created by nefarious billionaire Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg). Directed by Zack Snyder, BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE also co-stars Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Jeremy Irons as Alfred the butler, and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.
- Cast & Crew
- Movie Critics
- 3 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he fight is a tightly choreographed, berserkly overwrought treat."— Nick De Semlyen (22 Mar 2016, )
- Entertainment Weekly
- "DAWN OF JUSTICE is big, all right. The brawls are busy and brutal, the story is sprawling in scope..."— Chris Nashawaty (22 Mar 2016, )
- Los Angeles Times
- "[T]he director, a strong technician whose slam-bang emphatic, occasionally operatic style seems made for comic book adaptations, has been well-served by an adept script co-written by Chris Terrio..."— Kenneth Turan (23 Mar 2016, )
- Rolling Stone
- 3 stars out of 4 -- "Cavill still has the square-jawed heroism of the son of Krypton down pat..."— Peter Travers (22 Mar 2016, )
- Total Film
- "[I]t’s a credit to Affleck -- and the enduring popularity of the character -- that it doesn’t feel too soon to have him on screen again....Aided by Snyder’s visual verve, its an extremely faithful take on the character, and, alone, he’s responsible for many of the film’s best moments..."— (18 Mar 2016, )
Yawn Of Justice
Matiu onReviewed by
This film studio is one of the titans of Hollywood, complete with enormous prestige, as well as bank loads of money. How then, can a pile of steaming garbage like Batman V Superman - Dawn of Justice be justified?
This film takes everything that the iconic heroes are famous for, and flips it upside-down. Characters like Superman seem at odds with what they represent - ironic then, that we would walk around with a symbol for "Hope" on his chest. This character walks around brooding for 2,5 hours, while Batman agitates himself in a corner, or occasions mutilating baddies.
Then.... It ends? And we're all left thinking what was the point of it all.
Seriously, this film is remembers as one of the worst movies of all time, and it is entirely deserved.
Reviewed by Nazeem M on