Kindergarten Cop (DVD)
- R 26
While on the trail of a psychopath, tough L.A. cop John Kimble (Arnold Schwarzenegger) goes undercover as a kindergarten teacher. He soon discovers that controlling a class of twenty-three small children may be his toughest assignment yet, but gradually earns the respect both of his pupils and an attractive female colleague (Penelope Ann Miller).
- Movies & TV
- 1 Sep 2008
- Region 2
- Secondary Languages
- German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish
- Interactive Menus
- Bonus Footage
- Production Notes
- 107 min
- Age Restriction
- Supply Source
- South Africa
- Kindergarten Cop
- Release Year
- Running Time
- 112 min
- Comedies / Action / Children / Detectives / Family (General) / On-The-Run / Recommended / Switching Roles / Theatrical Release
- To trap an elusive criminal, a veteran cop is forced to go undercover as a pre-school teacher. This charming film is one of Schwarzenegger's best efforts.
- Filmed on location in Astoria, Oregon, and Los Angeles, California. Shooting began May 30, 1990; completed September 4, 1990.
Released theatrically in the USA December 21, 1991
Released on VHS video June 6, 1991 and laserdisc June 13, 1991.
Film was greeted with controversy over the fact that the title and ad campaign were skewed towards small children, while the film itself featured many acts of violence, often directed against children.
Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification
- Cast & Crew
- Movie Critics
- New York Times
- "...[Schwarzenegger] plays off the Schwarzenegger image more gleefully and successfully than ever before..."— Caryn James (21 Dec 1990, p.C12)