Long Weekend Clearance Sale ends in:
OMD - So80s (SoEighties) Presents OMD Curated By Blank & Jones (CD)
- R 395
2011 compilation of original remixes from the '80s Synthpop outfit, curated by German Trance duo (and massive '80s fans) Blank & Jones. This collection features classic extended mixes of some of OMD's biggest tracks including 'If You Leave', 'Telegraph', 'Dreaming', 'So In Love', 'Tesla Girls' and many others. While the tracks were selected by Blank & Jones, none of the titles were mixed by them. 13 tracks. EMI.
- 1 Mar 2011
- Audio CD
- EMI Import
- If You Leave (Extended Version)
- Secret (Extended Mix)
- Telegraph (Extended Version) (2008 Digital Remaster)
- Talking Loud And Clear (Extended Version)
- Genetic Engineering (Extended)
- Call My Name (12' Version)
- Dreaming (Extended Mix)
- So In Love (Extended)
- Tesla Girls (Extended Mix)
- (Forever) Live And Die (Extended Mix)
- Never Turn Away (Extended Version)
- Sailing On The Seven Seas (Extended Version)
- Brides Of Frankenstein (Mix)
- Supply Source
Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
- Real Name
- Andy McCluskey & Paul Humphries
- Formed in Liverpool with Paul Humphreys (synthesizers) and Andy McCluskey (vocals and bass guitar). They played their first gig in 1978 at Eric's (Liverpool), then had a run of UK chart hits after swapping labels from Factory to the Virgin owned label DinDisc starting with the 1980 release 'Messages'.
Although Humphreys left the group in 1989, McCluskey made a comeback in 1991 with the UK top 5 'Sailing On The Seven Seas', and followed that up with a UK top 3 Album 'Sugar Tax' before finally calling it a day in 1996.
In 2007 they toured together again featuring the classic line-up of Andy McCluskey, Paul Humphreys, Malcolm Holmes and Martin Cooper and released a live-album in 2008: 'OMD Live: Architecture & Morality & More'. September 2010 saw the release of History Of Modern featuring the original classic line-up.
- Andy McCluskey
- David Hughes
- Malcolm Holmes
- Martin Cooper
- Michael Douglas
- Neil Weir
- Paul Humphreys
Blank & Jones
- Real Name
- Piet Blank, Jaspa Jones, Andy Kaufhold
- German production team based in Cologne.
Blank & Jones was founded in 1997 by Piet Blank (born June 15, 1971), René Runge aka Jaspa Jones (born June 27, 1968). Later joined by Andy Kaufhold (born December 17, 1969), who was with Piet the founding member of Gorgeous.
Blank & Jones have been hugely important in the history of electronic music. They started in 1997 with their debut single "Sunrise" and were one of the main originators of trance music with artists like Tiësto (DJ Tiësto) and Paul Oakenfold.
During their career they have known no musical boundaries and have worked with Artists such as Robert Smith from The Cure, Bernard Sumner from New Order, Sarah McLachlan, the Pet Shop Boys and Keane to name just a few.
Their sound has evolved over the years and so has their worldwide success. To date they have released a number of artist albums which have all charted in the sales charts and cover such various styles as electronica, ambient, lounge, pop, trance and dance music. Their great variety is also proved by the highly acclaimed compilations such as "So80s (Soeighties)" which pays tribute to the original club mixes of the 80's or "milchbar" and "Chilltronica" where they bring the listener new soundscapes of downbeat music.
- Piet Blank
- René Runge