Culture Club - So80s Presents Culture Club Curated By Blank & Jon (CD)
Out of Stock
- R 379
2012 collection from the New Wave icons compiled by German Electronic duo Blank & Jones. Features remixes and album versions of their biggest hits including 'Do You Really Want to Hurt Me', 'Miss Me Blind', 'Karma Chameleon' and many others. EMI.
- 29 Mar 2012
- Culture Club
- Audio CD
- Do You Really Want To Heart Me -So80's Extended Reconstructi
- White Boy -12" Version
- Miss Me Blind -Extended Version
- Karma Chameleo -Full Length Version
- The Medal Song -Extended Version
- I'll Tumble 4 Ya -Us 12" Remix
- The War Song -Ultimate Dance Mix
- Church Of The Poison Mind -Full Length Version
- Move Away -12" Mix
- God Thank You Woman -Extended Version
- From Luxury To Heartache -Extended Version
- I'm Afraid Of Me -Extended Mix
- Time -So80's Extended Reconstruction
- Supply Source
- Real Name
- George O'Dowd, Jon Moss, Roy Hay, Mikey Craig
- UK art-pop group with reggae leanings, comprising Boy George, vocals (George O'Dowd, June 14, 1960), Jon Moss, drums (September 11, 1957), Roy Hay, guitar and keyboards (August 12, 1961) and Michael Craig (alias Mikey Craig), bass (February 15, 1960). The group split in 1986 and reformed in 1998.
- George O'Dowd
- Jon Moss
- Michael Craig
- Roy Hay
Blank & Jones
- Real Name
- Piet Blank, Jaspa Jones, Andy Kaufhold
- German production team based in Cologne.
Blank & Jones was founded in 1997 by Piet Blank (born June 15, 1971), René Runge aka Jaspa Jones (born June 27, 1968). Later joined by Andy Kaufhold (born December 17, 1969), who was with Piet the founding member of Gorgeous.
Blank & Jones have been hugely important in the history of electronic music. They started in 1997 with their debut single "Sunrise" and were one of the main originators of trance music with artists like Tiësto (DJ Tiësto) and Paul Oakenfold.
During their career they have known no musical boundaries and have worked with Artists such as Robert Smith from The Cure, Bernard Sumner from New Order, Sarah McLachlan, the Pet Shop Boys and Keane to name just a few.
Their sound has evolved over the years and so has their worldwide success. To date they have released a number of artist albums which have all charted in the sales charts and cover such various styles as electronica, ambient, lounge, pop, trance and dance music. Their great variety is also proved by the highly acclaimed compilations such as "So80s (Soeighties)" which pays tribute to the original club mixes of the 80's or "milchbar" and "Chilltronica" where they bring the listener new soundscapes of downbeat music.
- Piet Blank
- René Runge