Billy Idol - So80s Presents Billy Idol Curated By Blank & Jones (CD)
Out of Stock
- R 359
2012 collection from the New Wave icon compiled by German Electronic duo Blank & Jones. Features remixes and album versions of his biggest hits including 'Dancing with Myself', 'Rebel Yell', 'White Wedding', 'Catch My Fall' and many others. EMI.
- 1 Nov 2019
- Billy Idol
- Audio CD
- Dancing With Myself -Uptown Mix
- Rebel Yell -Full Length Version
- Be A Lover -Rock 'N Roll Mix
- Eyes Witout A Face -Full Length Version
- Hot In The City -Extended Version
- Catch My Fall -Special Remix
- White Wedding Part I & Ii -Shotgun Mix
- Flesh For Fantasy -Below The Belt Mix
- Don't Need A Gun -Melt Down Mix
- Mony Mony -Hung Like A Pony Mix
- L.A. Woman -Full Length Version
- Crale Of Dub -Extended Mix
- Sweet Sixteen -Full Length Version
- Supply Source
- Real Name
- William Michael Albert Broad
- Billy Idol, born November 30th 1955, is an English post punk / hard rock musician and songwriter. He first achieved fame as a member of the punk rock band Generation X (4). Later he embarked on a successful solo career and after releasing his second studio album "", became an international superstar. His music videos were constantly played on the then brand-new television network MTV.
Blank & Jones
- Real Name
- Piet Blank, Jaspa Jones, Andy Kaufhold
- German production team based in Cologne.
Blank & Jones was founded in 1997 by Piet Blank (born June 15, 1971), René Runge aka Jaspa Jones (born June 27, 1968). Later joined by Andy Kaufhold (born December 17, 1969), who was with Piet the founding member of Gorgeous.
Blank & Jones have been hugely important in the history of electronic music. They started in 1997 with their debut single "Sunrise" and were one of the main originators of trance music with artists like Tiësto (DJ Tiësto) and Paul Oakenfold.
During their career they have known no musical boundaries and have worked with Artists such as Robert Smith from The Cure, Bernard Sumner from New Order, Sarah McLachlan, the Pet Shop Boys and Keane to name just a few.
Their sound has evolved over the years and so has their worldwide success. To date they have released a number of artist albums which have all charted in the sales charts and cover such various styles as electronica, ambient, lounge, pop, trance and dance music. Their great variety is also proved by the highly acclaimed compilations such as "So80s (Soeighties)" which pays tribute to the original club mixes of the 80's or "milchbar" and "Chilltronica" where they bring the listener new soundscapes of downbeat music.
- Piet Blank
- René Runge