Ahmad Jamal - At the Pershing: But Not For Me (CD)
Out of Stock
This product is allowed to be delivered during Lockdown Level 4
- R 48
Digitally remastered edition. Having worked extensively in a piano, guitar and bass trio, pianist Ahmad Jamal changed the group's dynamics in 1957 by switching the guitar to drums, linking with Israel Crosby (bass) and Vernel Fournier (drums). The house group for the Pershing Hotel in Chicago, the trio recorded this live album (also known as But Not for Me) in 1957 and following it's release in January 1958 it would spend more than two years on the chart. The financial success of the album enabled Ahmad to buy and open his own restaurant and club in Chicago, whilst the critical success established Ahmad's reputation for the following four decades.
- 16 Nov 2012
- Ahmad Jamal
- Audio CD
- But Not For Me
- Surrey With The Fringe On Top
- Moonlight In Vermont
- (Put Another Nickel In) Music, Music, Music
- No Greater Love
- Wood N You
- What's New?
Published 8 years ago by massfiction13Duration: 03:16Published 6 years ago by 60otaku4Duration: 03:44Published 10 years ago by UnknownArtistXDuration: 03:27HD
- All the Things You Are - Ahmad Jamal Trio Live at the Pershing
- Ahmad Jamal Trio at the Pershing - But Not for Me
- Ahmad Jamal - No Greater Love
- Supply Source
- Real Name
- Frederick Russell Jones
- Highly influential jazz pianist, born 2 July 1930 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as Freddy "Fritz" Jones. He has used the name Ahmad Jamal since his conversion to Islam in the early 1950s.