Audio Technica AT4081 Bidirectional Active Ribbon Condenser Microphone (Silver)
- R 13,299
Delivering the warmth and natural sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica’s handcrafted AT4081 offers a robust build for long-lasting performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers. With its low-profile stick design, this microphone is a natural for use on a wide range of instruments (horns, strings, drum overheads, orchestras and more) and guitar cabinets in recording studios and live-sound settings.
Folded, embossed and hand-assembled, the MicroLinear™ tape is a patented process. The ribbon of the AT4081 and its junction plates are coated with a thin gold film which prevents corrosion without interfering with the mass or the resonant frequency of the ribbon, while conventional ribbon microphones use a sheet of pure aluminum, susceptible to corrosion by moisture in the air.
The active electronics which make up the microphone operate on phantom power, allowing for greater ease of use with any preamplifier and mixer equipped with microphone input with 48V phantom power without adding additional electronics.
Classic bi-directional directivity (in a figure-of-eight) for optimal sound pickup at the front and rear of the capsule.
Patented process ensures a long service life, through which mechanical weakness and distortions do not occur.
Works with any preamplifier and mixer equipped with microphone input with 48V phantom power without adding additional electronics.
At8471 Isolation Clamp
For optimal isolation, the AT4081 comes with the high quality AT8471 Microphone isolation stand clamp.
Each AT4081 is hand-assembled and 100% individually inspected, to guarantee excellent quality controls.
- Low-profile stick design maximizes placement options
- Smooth, warm and natural sound tuned for instrument reproduction to pick up the smallest details with perfect accuracy to meet the most stringent requirements of professional recording, broadcast and live.
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending including proprietary MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint for superior durability, not found in earlier ribbon microphones
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Superfine mesh guards against ribbon damage
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Classic bidirectional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Musical Instruments
- 16 Jan 2019
- Product Group
- Ribbon Microphones
- Polar Pattern
- Figure 8
- Microphone frequency
- 30 - 18,000 Hz
- Input voltage
- 48 V
- Power supply type
- Phantom Power
- Weight & dimensions
- Microphone weight
- 152 g
- Supply Source
- South Africa