The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC)
- R 265
An engrossing, mature, decision-based storyline that tells a non-linear narrative in a completely open world environment for the first time in gaming history. This last part of the adventures of Geralt of Rivia draws on events from the previous titles, but is a separate tale, even more captivating, epic and full of surprises.
This is the last part of the legend of Geralt of Rivia. In the past he has raised and overthrown monarchs, battled legendary monsters and saved the lives of many. Now Geralt embarks on his most personal quest yet, to save his loved ones and protect the world from an ancient threat.
- The story is drawn based on player decisions. Each action will have consequences that change the story and the game world. NPCs, communities, monsters and locations all change, based on player choice.
- The player can resolve quests and main story threads in any order or complete them in a parallel fashion.
- The Witcher 3 is standalone adventure, easily entered into by new players - the story and game world do not require the player to know the previous games or even the books. Witcher fans will find subtle references to past adventures, but these elements are not necessary to enjoy the game fully.
- A breathtaking cinematic introduction demonstrating the game background - this lets players immediately know the situation in the war-ravaged Northern Kingdoms and the background story of the main character.
- Unique atmosphere, memorable characters and gritty dialog - the game world has its own unique feel. It is a classic dark fantasy tale that will appeal to fans of all kinds of fantasy stories.
- Combat - Unique, intuitive combat system blending a wide range of tactical elements with the most spectacular and dynamic combat sequences ever seen in a role-playing video game. In The Witcher 3 the swordplay gives combat a more realistic feel. The player can feel like a real witcher, the ultimate monster slayer, taking full control of his swords and becoming the most dangerous hunter.
- Living Open World - The open world environment creates living ecosystems that the player may explore in different ways than in previous Witcher games. Vast vistas teem with life where riding a horse through the dangerous No Man's Land, running in the narrow streets of Novigrad or sailing under a full moon through the Skellige islands are all an adventure in themselves.
- RPG mechanics - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt delivers an enhanced and deeper role-playing experience, thanks to advanced gameplay mechanics. The Witcher 3 takes full advantage of a robust RPG system. This will make The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt the crowning achievement of its genre. Stats will have real consequences in gameplay, but will be intuitive for the player to use. No unnecessary scripts or gameplay mechanics will spoil the player's immersion.
- Video Games
- 18 May 2015
- Standard Edition
- Edition Extras
Witcher III: The Wild Hunt Standard Edition Contents:
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Dedicated to gamers who want more from physical box editions of games than just the disc and manual, containing premium items prepared by the developers, this edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the definitive answer for those gamers who want to enter the Witcher universe with style.
- The Game DVDs
- An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
- The official, developer-created "Witcher Universe - The Compendium"
- A beautiful, detailed map of the in-game world
- A set of unique Witcher 3 stickers
- A stylish, protective sleeve
- Role-Playing Game
- Bandai Namco
- CD Projekt Red
- SAGamer.co.za Video Review
- SA Gamer
Duration: 01:53Resolution: 640 x 360Codec: H.264Duration: 02:25Resolution: 864 x 360Codec: H.264Duration: 02:22Resolution: 640 x 360Codec: H.264Duration: 04:40Resolution: 640 x 360Codec: H.264
- Debut Gameplay Trailer
- 'Killing Monsters' Trailer
- E3 2014 Trailer
- Gameplay Trailer
- Supply Source
- South Africa
Chris G onReviewed by
Game of the decade
Andre S onReviewed by
Simply a must own for any RPG and fantasy lover.
One of the Greatest RPGs ever made
Carlo S onReviewed by
Mal Mal Mal
Reinhardt P onReviewed by
Best game of 2015
Hilton N onReviewed by
GOTY 2015 for a Reason
Markus K onReviewed by
The Only downside is that the retail version doesn't have DRM.... oh wait, That's NOT a downside!
You get a free GOG backup code in the Box, Which already has some cool extra's
Why haven't you bought it yet?
Also, playing at 60FPS on PC is a smoother experience during combat than the capped 30FPS on consoles.
A game you simply need to own!
Darryn H onReviewed by
This world is not only packed with interesting stories, dialogues, quests, fearsome monsters and an insane amount of details behind every corner, moreover it is convincing and far away from all the happy fantasy clichés you've already seen a hundred times. There is neither black nor white, just many shades of grey. Elves are neither the glorious archers nor the kind tree people, humans not the friendly guys that accept every race the same and dwarfes are no gentle stone-loving miners. In this world you have to make choices that you won’t like and to live with the consequences. Morally ambiguous is the description you’re looking for.
It’s a fantastic RPG with an amazing amount of content, exquisite characters, dialogues and interesting stories, so I’d recommend it for everyone who has even the slightest positive attitude towards RPGs or the fantasy genre in general.
'There's nothing behind me. I'm a Witcher, I'd have heard it. Just like I can hear your heart. Which is pounding... like a liar's.' - Geralt of Rivia
2015 Fantasy game of the year
Tiaan L onReviewed by