LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack (PS4)
- R 981
- R 999
What is LEGO® Dimensions?
There is an ancient planet at the centre of the LEGO® Multiverse inhabited by an evil mastermind, Lord Vortech. It is said that he who controls the Foundational Elements that this planet is built upon, controls all of the Multiverse. Lord Vortech has vowed to be that ruler, summoning characters from a variety of LEGO worlds to help him find these building bricks of LEGO® civilization. Some have agreed. Others have rebelled. And only the combined powers of the greatest LEGO® heroes can stop him.
When a mysterious and powerful vortex suddenly appears in various LEGO worlds, different characters from DC Comics, The Lord of the Rings™ and The LEGO® Movie are swept away. To save their friends, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle bravely jump into the vortex. As they journey to locations beyond their wildest imaginations in search of their friends, they soon realize that Lord Vortech is summoning villains from across different LEGO® worlds to help him gain control. As his power grows, worlds mix, unexpected characters meet and all boundaries are broken. Our heroes must travel through space and time to rescue their friends before the vortexes destroy all of LEGO® humanity.
Let creativity be the guide to a building and gaming adventure – journey through unexpected worlds and team-up with unlikely allies on the quest to defeat the evil Lord Vortech. Play with different minifigures from different worlds together in one LEGO videogame, and use each other’s vehicles and gadgets in a way never before possible. LEGO® Bad Cop™ driving the DeLorean Time Machine…why not?! The LEGO® Ninjago™ Masters of Spinjitsu fighting alongside Wonder Woman™...yes, please! Get ready to break the rules, because the only rule with LEGO Dimensions is that there are no rules.
The LEGO® Dimensions Starter Pack is all players need to begin – build the base and embark on a fantastic quest. Included in the LEGO® Dimensions Starter Pack:
- LEGO® Dimensions videogame
- LEGO® Toy Pad
- Bricks to build the LEGO® Gateway
- 3 LEGO® minifigures (Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle)
- LEGO® Batmobile vehicle
Build the minifigure heroes and fire-up the game to start the experience, then follow the in-game build instructions to assemble the loose bricks into the LEGO® Gateway, and place the structure on the LEGO® Toy Pad. Expand the adventure by collecting more minifigures, vehicles, gadgets, and new levels with the purchase of three different types of expansion packs. Use whatever minifigure with whichever vehicle or gadget – go ahead… break the rules!
- An Extreme Cross-Over. For the first time in any LEGO® videogame, characters from a mix of some of the best brands in the universe join forces and battle in worlds outside of their own.
- Keep Expanding. By purchasing additional expansion packs, players can grow their collection with a variety of their favourite brands to create even more crazy combinations.
- More is Better. Bring up to seven minifigures, vehicles and/or gadgets into the game all at once by dropping them on the LEGO® Toy Pad for the most exciting and action-filled game around.
- Play Alone or with a Friend. Players can let imagination guide their solo journey or have a friend join the adventure with co-operative, drop-in/drop-out play.
- The Starter Pack Will Last. The LEGO® Toy Pad and the videogame found in the initial Starter Pack will offer continued compatibility with future Expansion Packs for years to come.
- Like any LEGO building set, LEGO Dimensions is a system of play that offers continued compatibility – everything bought today or expanded with tomorrow will continue to work.
Assembly Required: No
Warning: Not suitable for children under the age of 3 years due to small parts which could cause a choking hazard.
Everything is awesome...provided your don't have Lego fatigue
MJ onReviewed by
As much as I love mixing and mashing IP from different franchises, I struggled to get into a groove during my playthrough. It felt familiar and just a little uninspired. I’m chalking this down to me being jaded with Lego games (the success of the genre is largely down to the affinity one has with the franchise material – so I loved both Lego Harry Potters, but couldn’t play more than three hours of ‘The Lego movie’ game. I do concede that I prefer a linear narrative over the sandbox ‘only be limited by your imagination and lack of cash for costly add-ons’ mode so I don’t think you should be put off based on my experience.
I spoke to about six people playing the game (The Jurassic World add-on was a hit) and they all enjoyed it. A mum and son combo loved the Lego Batman bits so if you have a fair amount of cash to splash, have a deep love of pop culture crossovers and the intersectionality of plastic and digital, then Lego Dimensions might be your fix. It is a bit of an investment so it might be cheaper to first try your hand at Lego Marvel super heroes first (Raru has Lego Marvel at around R350)