Colin McRae Rally 04 (PC)
- R 89
In Colin McRae Rally 04 it's the player in control - choose from over 20 rally cars and which championships to compete in. Game modes include 4-wheel drive and 2-wheel drive Championships (both with normal or advanced skill levels), Rallies, Stages, a Group B Championship featuring classic powerful rally cars and, for the professional, an Expert Championship, which demands the best performance from the most die-hard rally fan.
Universally acclaimed for having the best car handling physics engine in any racing game series, Colin McRae Rally 04 takes the already sublime handling model and improves it further. Previously the car handling employed a steering aid, which had the effect of making the car move around a central pivot point. Now the aid's been removed, effectively taking the stabilisers off, providing for a more professional and natural handling experience and you'll notice the difference over the varying terrain – Colin McRae Rally 04 features 34 driving surfaces and 19 tyre types!
- Choose from over 20 rally cars and compete in 8 game modes including 4-wheel drive, 2-wheel drive, Group B and Expert Championships
- Online and LAN multiplayer options enabling up to 8 players to compete simultaneously through Championship or Stage races in co-operative or competitive team challenges (with other players seen as ghost cars).
- New, faster game engine for incredibly detailed terrain visuals, plus enhanced replay cameras and new in-game "bumper cam".
- 8 international rally locations (UK, Sweden, USA, Finland, Australia, Spain, Greece, Japan), 6 rally stages in each, 8 shakedown events, and 4 Superspecial stages. Includes classic tracks from Colin McRae Rally, remodelled for 04.
- Part testing challenges - earn new car technology by completing part tests between rallies.
- Create your own Custom Rally with favourites stages or themed stages.
- Full set-up and repair options and detailed pre-race stage briefings.
- Normal, advanced and expert damage settings. Plus 'damage cam': see the impact on your car post-race.