Days Gone (PS4)
Days Gone is an open-world action game set in the high-desert of the Pacific Northwest two years after a mysterious global pandemic has decimated the world, killing most but transforming millions into mindless, feral creatures. Survivors live in a world where resources are scarce, violence and murder are common and Freakers roam the wilderness.
Players face this violent, new world as Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter, a Drifter who lives in the lawless wilderness outside the civilian encampments. Deacon survives by using skills learned before the world ended, riding for the Mongrels MC, an outlawed motorcycle club, where violence and mayhem were part of the riding the open road.
At the center of it all, Days Gone is an exploration of how any of us would react to these harsh conditions, and exploration of loss, love, friendship, revenge and desperation - learning that surviving isn't living. For Deacon especially, it's a struggle to ensure that hope never dies.
- Expansive Open World Action - Exemplifying truly free-form gameplay, Days Gone offers freedom to explore, strategize and play "your way" in the vast high-desert of the Pacific Northwest. The hazardous environments, filled with carved out ridges, mountains, caves, cliffs mines and river basins, deliver a breathtaking backdrop to an equally diverse style of gameplay.
- Emergent Gameplay - Featuring fully explorable environments and dynamic AI enemies, players will rely on their own abilities to strategize, craft weapons and tools, explore the world, and engage in combat. With almost every car, building and environment searchable, Days Gone delivers emergent gameplay possibilities, making a player's approach to combat and discovery a vital part of the experience.
- Stunning, Dynamic Graphics - Using the power of PlayStation 4 and Unreal Engine 4, Bend Studio has developed a high volume of rendering and gameplay technology to deliver an incredibly realistic open world experience. Realistic weather effects, such as rain, wind, snow and day-night cycles impact the gameplay. The game's lighting is all real-time and reacts dynamically, the way the human iris does, as players move from one location to the next.
- Video Games
- 25 Apr 2019
- PlayStation 4
- Standard Edition
- Edition Extras
Pre-order Digital Incentives:
- Shroud Upgrade for Drifter Bike
- Gas Tank Upgrade for Drifter Bike
- Nitrous Upgrade for Drifter Bike
- Early unlock for Drifter Crossbow weapon
- Bend Studio
- PS4 Pro Support
- 18 V
- SA Gamer
Duration: 02:24Resolution: 640 x 360Codec: H.264Duration: 07:14Resolution: 640 x 360Codec: H.264Duration: 01:41Resolution: 640 x 360Codec: H.264
- E3 2016 Trailer
- E3 2017 Trailer
- Release Date Trailer
- Supply Source
- South Africa
Pulls you in for more
Abri P on (Verified Buyer)Reviewed by
Pro Reviews do this game a disservice
Reviewed by charl J on
There is the odd frame rate drop when there are really large hordes on the screen, but nothing to really complain about. The crafting system is well thought out and the driving mechanics are not even close to as bad as the earlier reviewers made out.
The characters are believable, and it becomes easy to invest in them. The world does appear to be a wasteland but there is always something around the next corner to get done. After the final credits roll, there are epilogue missions that close off a few last loose ends, although the sneaking missions related to N.E.R.O are the low-point of the story as far as I am concerned.
Well worth the money at around 30 hours for a playthrough.
This game is awesome, done pay attention to the reviews
squiggle_jones onReviewed by
Get it while its hot....