Monster Hunter World (PS4)
- R 529
The latest entry in the critically acclaimed 40 million unit selling action RPG series, Monster Hunter: World introduces a living, breathing ecosystem in which players take on the role of a hunter that seeks and slays ferocious beasts in heart-pounding battles. Venture on quests alone or with up to three other hunters in a newly designed online drop-in multiplayer system which allows cross-region cooperative play between Japan and the West, uniting the global player base for the first time ever.
Monster Hunter: World sees players gear up to venture on quests to battle against fearsome monsters, progressively improving their hunting abilities as they play. Loot collected from fallen foes can be used to create new equipment and armor upgrades as players seamlessly move across map areas that comprise the living ecosystems. The landscape and its diverse inhabitants play a critical role as players strategically use the surrounding environment to their advantage. Hunters must use their cunning and technique to survive the intense and evolving fights as they battle to become the ultimate hunter!
- Welcome to the new World: Taking on the role of a hunter, players are tasked with going on a research expedition to a newly discovered continent known only as “new world” as they venture on quests to discover more about this mysterious land.
- Living and breathing ecosystem: Utilize the surrounding environment and wildlife to your advantage. For example, pit monsters against one another to lure the main target creature to the right place, but be careful not to become hindered by the hazards they present.
- Global simultaneous release: For the first time in the Monster Hunter series the latest title will release within the same launch window and unite hunters across the world with cross-region cooperative play options.
- Online drop-in multiplayer: When the battle is too daunting to take on single-handedly, hail up to three other hunters to assist during quests by sending up a SOS flare to a worldwide server full of potential teammates.
- Hunt to craft new gear: Defeat monsters and collect loot from fallen foes to craft equipment and weapons styled after the monsters that have been slain. Selecting the right loadout can help exploit enemy weaknesses to gain an advantage in battle.
- Master the beasts: A variety of ferocious creatures inhabit the new world landscape including the series mainstay Rathalos and the all new Anjanath. Players can mount the monsters with the dynamic riding mechanic, allowing them to travel along the monster’s body and deliver locational damage.
- Seamless gameplay: Players and monsters can move from one map area to another freely and without loading screens whilst gameplay also dynamically transitions between night and day.
SO WORTH IT.
Reviewed by Grant H on
I just have to state that in the entirety of my PS4 I have never gone back to a game as much as I did with Monster Hunter.
There are so many different builds, weapons and upgrade paths that you can take and the massive plus is that you can co-op with your friends. The other bonus factor is that monster hunter has free DLC which keeps the game fresh. The monsters are epic and gigantic you have to keep upgrading your weapons and armor in order to defeat them.
There are loads of reviews out there but these points mentioned are the crux of why I cant get enough of this game.
Awesome game. But also maybe not
Marc T onReviewed by
However this game is not for everyone. It's very grindy, different style of combat and it takes a loooooong time to finish this thing properly. Not much in the way of story but the game play is super good.
If you are looking for a game to smash through the 100hour barrier and love the hunt for loot then it is for you.
If you do not have patience and want constant action then maybe it is not for you
Long wait but worth the price
Chay San L onReviewed by
Great service from courier it and Raru. I ordered on June the 4th. I really wanted it before Wednesday 13th June which is my off day so I could comfortably play it the whole day. The whole time the expected delivery date was on Wednesday which dashed my hopes and got me depressed. The wait was especially excruciating as it was only delivered from suppliers to RARU on Monday. Was tracking the parcel every hour wishing it would arrive on Tuesday. Last minute at around 9am on tuesday said it will be delivered on tuesday and received it at around 2pm.
Was so grateful and ecstatic. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
Shaun N onReviewed by
Lloyd C onReviewed by
A hunters life for me!!!!
Samashan P onReviewed by
True test of urggggg!
Duane K onReviewed by
So this is probably one of the easiest Monster Hunters but I can see with the future updates/free dlc they will still bring in the baddies like that forsaken Golden Rajang!
But I have to say the gameplay in this is just freaking amazing! The sound and the graphics Kuddos well done! I really enjoy this game and I highly recommend this for series fans and new players. If you see a copy do not hesitate just do it!!!!
1st time in the MH series
Sting_Ray onReviewed by
The game has been tailored quite a bit for newcomers and yet still as a newcomer into this I felt completely overwhelmed by the game's mechanics and depth.
There's more to just slapping on a big ass sword and going about to klap dragons.
Each hunt requires preparation: Tracking, eating a meal, equipping weapons and armor that plays to the monster's weaknesses, item foraging and crafting...and this is only just the tip of the iceberg of things one can do before a hunt.
Each hunt spurs the player on, story-wise (which is a new thing for the series and a welcome addition for newcomers) and to get better gear and weapons so that you can kill bigger and badder monsters.
This then becomes the loop of the game, grind, hunt, craft better gear and repeat. What prevents this from being a mindless grind is the uniqueness of the hunts. No monster fights or reacts the same. Even hunting the same monster across various missions feels different due to the impressive AI they boast.
Monsters can turn the hunt on you, seek you out, use their natural abilities to prevent you from accomplishing your most powerful attacks...heck they will even fight other monsters! It truly is a beautiful joy to watch an Anjanath (T-Rex kinda monster) kick a Jagras ass (Lizard type monster). There is more epic fights than this and 40 hrs in I still get a twisted smile on my mug when I get to see such events.
Speaking of events, there is frequent releases of events that tie in with other games eg. HZD, Devil May Cry, Streetfighter etc where one can get unique gear.
The beaut of this game as well is that all current and future DLC is free...yes for mahala. So you can be assured that this game will be around for a long time to come.
I'm not gonna cover things like visuals, sounds, plot etc in detail...but needless to say its all on point!!
It's a beaut to play (and I'm on the OG PS4) but I've seen impressive screens and vids on a PS4 pro on a 4k tv. The sounds and music score is fitting and excellent.
So if you are sitting on the fence about this game or a title like this even remotely grabs your interest do yourself a favor and grab it. I can def see myself sinking another 100+ hrs into this.
Anthony F onReviewed by