Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
Legacy Special Edition
- R 907
- R 999
A classic Metroid adventure returns, rebuilt from the ground up!
Brave the hostile terrain of an alien planet teeming with vicious life forms as legendary bounty hunter Samus Aran. Her mission? Terminate the Metroid menace in this masterful reimagining of her 1992 Game Boy adventure.
Samus Aran’s arsenal has been enhanced with new moves and abilities that are sure to help her face the deadly surprises that await. This intense, side-scrolling action platformer is a great entry point into the Metroid franchise and perfect for returning fans as well, and it’s available only on Nintendo 3DS family systems.
- This intense, side-scrolling action platformer has been completely remade with engaging and immersive 3D visuals and a rich, atmospheric colour palette
- Classic Metroid II: Return of Samus gameplay is joined by a wealth of new content, including a set of brand new abilities that utilises a mysterious energy resource called “Aeion,” a powerful melee counterattack, and 360-degree Free Aim Mode
- There are plenty of secrets to find – and if you uncover enough of them, you may even start to unravel the mystery of Planet SR388’s past
- Two new amiibo figures (sold separately) – Samus Aran and Metroid – will be released as a set alongside the game. This game is also compatible with the Zero Suit Samus and Samus amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series. Functionality details will be revealed at a later date
- Video Games
- 15 Sep 2017
- Nintendo 3DS
- Special Edition
- Edition Extras
The special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns includes:
- A physical version of the game (the cover will not have any rating)
- A download code for the original Game Boy game Metroid II: Return of Samus to be redeemed in Nintendo eShop
- A SteelBook®
- A sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise
- A gold “S” pin badge
- A Morph Ball 3D keyring
- A 40-page artbook
- Mercury Steam
- 7-9PG V
- E3 2016 Trailer
- Supply Source
- South Africa
Joshua C onReviewed by
Best 3DS game of 2017
David A onReviewed by
Such a cool game
Denver P onReviewed by
Rejoice, Metroid fans!
James onReviewed by
Playing this game in 3D on the 3DS is amazing. The depth and atmosphere of the environments is a sight to behold. Controls are quite good, but can be irritating at times.
The gameplay is very thrilling, making my heart pound as I try to slay the Metroids. It's a very rewarding game that has constant fun at your fingertips. One thing that did irritate me was one of the final bosses. I must really suck at this game to have been pwned so many times. It took me hours to beat.
The tchotchkes that came with the special edition were cool. Of course, I didn't use them and opted to leave them in the box in my closet for the next decade or so.
Can't wait for Metroid Prime 4.
Jacques V onReviewed by