Days Gone - Special Edition (PS4)
- R 1,199
Days Gone is an open-world action game set in the high-desert of the Pacific Northwest two years after a mysterious global pandemic has decimated the world, killing most but transforming millions into mindless, feral creatures. Survivors live in a world where resources are scarce, violence and murder are common and Freakers roam the wilderness.
Players face this violent, new world as Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter, a Drifter who lives in the lawless wilderness outside the civilian encampments. Deacon survives by using skills learned before the world ended, riding for the Mongrels MC, an outlawed motorcycle club, where violence and mayhem were part of the riding the open road.
At the center of it all, Days Gone is an exploration of how any of us would react to these harsh conditions, and exploration of loss, love, friendship, revenge and desperation - learning that surviving isn't living. For Deacon especially, it's a struggle to ensure that hope never dies.
- Expansive Open World Action - Exemplifying truly free-form gameplay, Days Gone offers freedom to explore, strategize and play "your way" in the vast high-desert of the Pacific Northwest. The hazardous environments, filled with carved out ridges, mountains, caves, cliffs mines and river basins, deliver a breathtaking backdrop to an equally diverse style of gameplay.
- Emergent Gameplay - Featuring fully explorable environments and dynamic AI enemies, players will rely on their own abilities to strategize, craft weapons and tools, explore the world, and engage in combat. With almost every car, building and environment searchable, Days Gone delivers emergent gameplay possibilities, making a player's approach to combat and discovery a vital part of the experience.
- Stunning, Dynamic Graphics - Using the power of PlayStation 4 and Unreal Engine 4, Bend Studio has developed a high volume of rendering and gameplay technology to deliver an incredibly realistic open world experience. Realistic weather effects, such as rain, wind, snow and day-night cycles impact the gameplay. The game's lighting is all real-time and reacts dynamically, the way the human iris does, as players move from one location to the next.
- Video Games
- 25 Apr 2019
- PlayStation 4
- Special Edition
- Edition Extras
Special Edition includes:
- SteelBook Case
- Physical & Digital Art Book (By Dark Horse Comics)
- Physical and Digital Original Soundtrack
- 3 x drifter bike skins
- Monkey wrench fast repair tool
- PS4™ dynamic theme
- Bend Studio
- SA Gamer
Duration: 02:24Resolution: 640 x 360Codec: H.264Duration: 07:14Resolution: 640 x 360Codec: H.264Duration: 01:41Resolution: 640 x 360Codec: H.264
- E3 2016 Trailer
- E3 2017 Trailer
- Release Date Trailer
- Supply Source
- South Africa
Another solid exclusive
Kevin B onReviewed by
While Days Gone doesn't reach the lofty heights set by the likes of God Of Way or Spider-Man it is an enjoyable post-apocalyptic adventure. The voice and mo-cap acting are top notch. However, the gameplay can come off as a bit bland.
All-in-all this is an excellent addition to any PS4 library.
Tjaart D onReviewed by
Fun game, but a bit repetitive
Charl J onReviewed by
4/5 would recommend.
Well Worth the Wait
Dean L onReviewed by
Nazeem M onReviewed by
The special edition comes with an awesome looking steelbook, soundtrack on CD and an art book by Dark Horse Comics.
Ragnar23 onReviewed by
Dewald W onReviewed by
This is a worthy addition to add to your Collection.
Quality product and game
DarthWhipple onReviewed by